The Elektra Micro Casa a Leva home espresso blog

The Elektra Micro Casa a leva is a beautiful home espresso machine. But is it capable of making great coffee? Follow my pursuit of ultimate espresso coffee as I learn to use this exciting machine.

Name:
Location: Trondheim, Norway

Tuesday, June 28

Finding inspiration in top quality espresso bars

I just spent a few days in Oslo where I visited several of the best coffee bars (there´s a pattern here: When I visit other cities, I always end up looking for great coffee and DVDs!). I had three or four shots of espresso at the Stockfleth´s coffee bars (there are four of them in Oslo). A couple of these shots were just great. The richness of taste and the mouthfeel was just amazing. These shots were prepared on perfectly tuned la Marzocco machines, and the guy in charge of the roasting, the barista training, the machine settings and the daily quality is Tim Wendelboe, the 2004 World Barista Champion. At its best, this espresso is a 10 out of 10. We´re so lucky to have places like this in Norway.

It is inspiring to taste coffee that is a notch better than what we may ever be able to make at home. It is amazing what a professional and dedicated barista can do on a la Marzocco machine after months of experience with the same blend.

But we can brew truly great shots at home, and we can change the blend when we want to, unlike what our favourite café can do. Trying a new blend is lots of anticipation and fun ☺ Today I bought a half kilo of the ”Crescendo” blend from Mocca. It was roasted yesterday, so I´ll wait at least one more day before testing it on the Elektra.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bernt said...

You know how I feel about La Marzocco machines! After our visit to the factory last year, there's no other machine for me ;-)

Thanks for the Ethiopian home roast. I brought some to work today and it really keeps me going. Not like the automatic machine.

Wonder what it would take to get my boss to hire a barista to work for us full time...

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Audun said...

The trip to la Marzocco was something I´ll never forget :-) The factory tour, seeing what is inside an espresso machine, the nice people -and not to forget the four hour lunch!

Glad you liked the ethiopian homeroast!

Audun

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home