The Elektra Micro Casa a Leva home espresso blog

The Elektra Micro Casa a leva is a beautiful home espresso machine. But is it capable of making great coffee? Follow my pursuit of ultimate espresso coffee as I learn to use this exciting machine.

Name:
Location: Trondheim, Norway

Monday, September 26

Lubricating the piston

It has been really hard to find and buy a food grease for lubricating the piston. But finally, I found a grease meant for lubricating the steam arm of professional espresso machines. This grease, Molycote White Grease, is also good for lubricating the piston group of my Elektra machine, as it is non-toxic and still viscous at high temperatures.

I took out the piston by removing the two hex bolts. I liked to see that the shower screen and the grouphead looked just fine from the inside as well. That means my cleaning routines are good enough (I have improved the portafilter wiggle since I last wrote about it: I turn off the machine, and after one minute it´s perfect to lower the lever and wiggle the portafilter with a blind filter membrane, since the water flow is now just perfect, and it will be just a minimum of mess. I do not do this daily, but rather now and then).

After greasing the piston it runs like when it was new. This gives a good "feel". Maybe it´s good for the coffee too, but I´m not sure if that can be noticed.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

work from home

Hi,

I thought you would like to know that you can make money from working at home. You can make 1000 in whatever currency a month from day one in the business by following a simple plan. I will personally help you every step of the way. Go to the work from home site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

PRESS RELEASE: ABOUT THE BEST WORK FROM HOME PROSPECT AND WHY: Press Release From Google News about the site link above

1:41 PM  
Blogger Audun said...

I don´t want to earn money. Not even a hell lot of money! I want to have coffee, and you should think about this as well, if you´re visiting this site!

1:45 PM  
Blogger joakim said...

1000 pesetas a month. hurray! I hate that blog-spamming... give me coffee, now. Grr...

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Audun said...

I´ve been offered steroids, diet pills and loans so far, and it IS irritating!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Bernt said...

Hey Audun,

Lubricating the piston...
Sounds kinky :-)

If you've heard of any good coffee places in Houston, let me know. I've only seen Starbucks so far. At least the coffee in my office is Norwegian style: Strong and black.

Getting rid of spamming content is maybe a good business idea. You could even sell it by spamming bloggers ;-)

8:31 PM  
Blogger Kevin Jackson said...

Well, this is interesting. I did a blog search for barista training and found your site. When I get some time I'll come back and find out where barista training appears and how it relates - if it even does. Take care - nice work.

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Audun said...

Thank you!

This blog has some relevant stuff related to lever machines. If you´re looking for more on common machines with electric pumps, you may try www.gauperaa.blogspot.com

That´s a very good blog :-)

11:19 AM  
Blogger Shofiul Shohag said...

With a growing number of coffee addicts throughout the world, coffee shops have become all the more popular and almost all the stores and plazas have at least one coffee machine

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home